Monday, August 8, 2016

Online Fraud Alert

Posted by Sukie Teo | 6:32 PM Categories:
Based on Malaysia Computer Emergency Response Team (MyCERT) statistics, there is total of 3,257 fraud cases reported in the year 2015. 
















According to a study by Telenor Group (2016), the most common internet scams in Malaysia are 'work from home' fraud (30%), Internet auction scams (22%) and Facebook password hacking (20%). The study also found that 1-in-5 people have fallen for internet auction scam. Moreover, average financial loss per person equivalent to RM7,050.


Sources: 
1. Mycert.org.my. (2016). MyCERT - The Malaysian Computer Emergency Response Team | Incident Statistics. [online] Available at: https://www.mycert.org.my/statistics/2015.php
2. Telenor Group. (2016). Asia’s Top Internet Scams and How to Stay Safe. [online] Available at: https://www.telenor.com/media/articles/2016/asias-top-internet-scams-and-how-to-stay-safe/

2 comments:

  1. This is my first time visit here. From the tons of comments on your articles,I guess I am not only one having all the enjoyment right here!
    online fraud detection

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am happy to find your distinguished way of writing the post. Now you make it easy for me to understand and implement the concept. Thank you for the post.
    fraud detection services 

    ReplyDelete